TVET stands for technical and vocational education and training, and TVET aims to provide just that. Basically, TVET uses a term that is used worldwide. The education system used combines education, training, and skills development.TVET courses prepare students for several careers by offering a wide range of vocational courses. The College offers four main types of qualification. For example, the National certificate, NC (V) qualifications, the Report – 191 Programmes, the National Introductory Certificate N4 and the National certification.
Empower yourself with various skills for the future.
TVET offers students the skills they need, not only for a job but also for being an entrepreneur if you happen to choose that route. Are you considering furthering your studies out of the traditional tertiary education such as the university? Well, the answer is right here, study at TVET. The great thing about TVET is that applications are open throughout the year, both for South African citizen applicants and international applicants.TVET offers a wide range of courses and branches in various Provinces. Therefore, making furthering your studies easy to do. You will find the list of TVET Colleges from Gauteng, Kwazulu Natal, Western Cape, Eastern Cape, Freestate, Limpopo, Mpumalanga, Northern Cape, and North West. Here we will make examples of the
Nkangala branch, which is in the Mpumalanga Province, for some specifications. The procedure is the same for all the branches of TVET College. TVET updates every course and their certificates and diploma levels every year. Follow the three magic steps for your application:
- Acquire your application
- Complete your application in full
- Ensure that all the necessary documents are attached
Below is a whole bunch of more detail on how to apply. Application forms can be acquired from any of the campuses. The Central office has provided the information below for any further enquiries. The official website for Nkangala TVET College is – https://www.nkangalafet.edu.za
The website also offers a chatting platform whereby applicants can ask any question that they may need clarity with.
Nkangala TVET College Central reception/ switchboard
Cnr Haig & Northey,
PO Box 2282
(013) 690 1430
+27 (0) 136584700
+27 (0) 136901450
To ensure that your application is processed, the applicant should take note of the following when submitting the forms to avoid delays and disappointments
- Applicants must write in block letters and should use black ink to complete the form
- All students applying for the first time should complete the form and the application form and must be signed by the applicant.
- If the applicant is younger than 18, their legal guardian must sign the form.
- Applicants must ensure that the application form is completed in full with supporting documents enclosed.
- The closing date is dependent on the respective academic period or when the programme is full; – any of the two is the determining factor.
- Applicants should note that the application is considered complete once the necessary fees are paid.
- TVET advises all applicants to book an assessment for the application/ placement session by visiting any Nkangala TVET College.
- TVET will not accept any documents submitted after the closing date for application.
- If your application is incomplete, applicants will have to re-apply during the next period.
Requirements for the application
The following are the documents needed for the application:
Ø Certified copy of the student, e.g. Identity document or birth certificate
- Exam results of their final grade, e.g. grade 12 if available or grade 11 results if currently doing grade 12
- Proof of residential address or copy of municipal billing document
- Certified copies of the guardian or parent’s Identification
Crucial information for international students
In addition to the above requirements, international students are required to provide the following:
- Study permit that is valid for the whole duration of the study period
- SAQA foreign qualification evaluation- www.saqa.org.za
There is a step-by-step process that applicants should follow after acquiring the school campus’s application forms depending on the campus that the applicant chooses.
The applicant should ensure that they apply within the application circle to avoid their application being rejected.
- South African citizens are required to produce a certified copy of their identity document, and International applicants must produce a certified Passport.
- Applicant should take note that their applications will not be processed should they not comply with the requirements.
- It is compulsory for South African citizens and International applicants to provide their registration proof of payment.
- If the applicant does not have an email address, it is advisable to create one as it will be needed to complete the form and for further communication.
- For supporting your application, complete the form with all the necessary documents needed, for example, their latest academic results
- The school uses text to communicate for the admissions; therefore, the applicant must capture the email address correctly on the form and provide a valid cell number.
- This is the final step to submit the form.
- Remember to include your certified documents.
Find Tuition fees below:
- Decide which Province you would like to choose from the list above.
- Also, select a branch that will accommodate your needs.
- Collect the application forms in preparation to get started.