West Coast College is a Technical Vocational Education and Training higher institution in South Africa. It was founded initially as a combination of various small satellites, which were later merged in 2002.
With over 9000 local and international students, West Coast College is making a name for itself as one of the biggest colleges regarding NC(V) intake.
West Coast College seeks to train students into highly skilled and competent professionals with an entrepreneurial mindset capable of birthing innovative solutions to affect positive change in society.
Additionally, West Coast College upholds respect for individuals irrespective of their political affiliation, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, race, sex, disability, colour, language, or other factors that promote discrimination.
It has five campuses that meet the needs of the people living in the communities where they are found. They include the Atlantis campus, the Citrusdal campus, the Malmesbury campus, the Vredenburg campus (formerly Westlake College), and the Vredendal campus.
In this article, we’ll discuss West Coast College’s application, requirements, fees, and application courses.
West Coast College Application
- Visit the West College Website at https://www.westcoastcollege.co.za/students/how-to-apply/.
- Choose the course you will like to study at West Coast College and the college where the programme is offered.
- Assess the application form and fill it with all the information you are asked for. Do well to provide verifiable information on each section to ensure your application does not get rejected because of carelessness.
- Suppose you have special needs; download and fill the Special Needs Application Form. Also, kindly contact the support office at (022) 482 1143 for future assistance.
Kindly note that the application for residence on any of the West College Campuses is separate.
West Coast College Requirements
- Have a unique email address on a platform such as Gmail with a strong password that
- A certified copy of your ID. If you do not have one, submit two certified copies of your unabridged birth certificate.
- A certified copy of the ID of your guardian or parents if you are a minor.
- A certified copy of your current academic transcript or examination results. This isn’t necessary if you are presently in Grade 12.
- Proof/receipt of registration fee payment.
- Have an interview with a University Admissions Advisor.
- Meet all programmatic admissions criteria.
- Submit a completed application form for admission.
- Complete and execute an enrollment agreement. If you are under the age of 18, your parent or guardian must sign your enrollment documents.
- Kindly note that some programmes have specific requirements. Go over them and do well to comply.
International students have to:
- Certified Passport or Passport number (not your ID card)
- A copy of your study permit
- A copy of your residence permit
- A copy of your medical insurance
- Your SAQA Evaluation Certificate
West Coast College Fees
Students at West Coast College pay fees depending on their programme of choice and the period of study.
- Pre-vocational learning programme costs R 5870 annually. You have to pay an initial deposit of R 1761, which is 30% of the fees. Then pay R 456 every month.
- National Certificate Vocational programmes fees range from R 10,220 to R20,570 annually.
- Occupational programmes (for computer programmes) fees are R3146 for the duration of each programme.
- Other short skill programme fees range from R 1788 to R 3278.
- The fees for welding programmes range from R 1144 to R 50,478.
- Further Education and Training Certificate Early Childhood Development Level 4 fees range from R303 to R 2288.
- Higher Certificate of Early Childhood development Level 5 programme fees range from R 824 to R 5896.
- Tuning programme fees range from R 539 daily to R 18,953 per trimester.
- Electrical programme fees range from R539 daily to R 20,768 per trimester.
NSFAS funded students do not have to pay fees. However, do well to inform the school of the appropriate documentation as proof of NSFAS funding.
If you would like to apply for NSFAS funding, apply directly to NSFAS through the website. Note that only South African nationals who meet the eligibility criteria can be considered for NSFAS funding.
West Coast College Application Courses
West Coast College has a good number of programmes in which you can enrol. The courses fall under these categories.
- NC(V) National Certificate Vocational programmes
- Report 191 Trimester Programmes
- Report 191 Semester Programmes
- Occupational programmes
- Higher Education
Here is a list of the programmes/courses that are available to you.
- Business Management
- Education and Development
- Electrical Studies
- Electrical Infrastructure Construction
- Engineering & Related Design
- Engineering Studies
- Financial Management
- Office Administration
- Primary Health
- Human Resource Management
- Management Assistant
For further information, contact West Coast College through any of the following numbers;
Central Office Tel: (022) 482 1143
Atlantis Campus Tel: (021) 577 1727
Citrusdal Campus Tel: (022) 921 2457
Malmesbury Campus Tel: (022) 487 2851
Vredenburg Campus Tel: (022) 713 3167
Vredendal Campus Tel: (027) 213 5673