Telkom is a wireless and wireline telecommunication service provider based in South Africa. Since it was founded in 1991 in Johannesburg, South Africa, the company has grown and expanded and is now present in over 38 countries in Africa. Users of this service have the opportunity to create accounts that allow them to manage their subscriptions. Users can also redeem vouchers and purchase bundles. They are also able to make changes and update their profile. Contained in the article are necessary pieces of information required for you to be able to log in to your profile and manage your login details and account.
What is Telkom login?
Telkom login is what allows its users to have access to their online profiles. Registered customers are required to have and manage their online profiles for easy access and to perform certain activities. Once you have your login details, you can have access to your account. You are also able to instantly view your account once you are connected to the internet.
Telkom login: how to login to Telkom self-service portal
Before logging into your Telkom account, you must first have an account which means you will have to register and get an account. We will be providing you with a guide to registering and getting an account and showing you how to log in to your Telkom self-service portal.
This is how you can register with Telkom via their mobile application:
- Step 1: Download and install the Telkom application to your device from the google play or apple app store.
- Step 2: Open the application and find the Register button.
- Step 3: Proceed to key in your details and agree to the terms and conditions of the application.
- Step 4: Then click on next.
- Step 5: A one-time pin would be sent to your email, then key that into the corresponding field and click on continue.
- Step 6: After you have done this, you would be successfully registered.
Now that you have registered, you can then proceed to log in to your Telkom self-service portal. Below are the steps required to log in to your account using a computer or a browser on your mobile device. If you have the application, simply open the app and follow the instructions.
Follow these steps to log in to your Telkom self-service portal:
- Step 1: Launch the Telkom website using this direct link: www.telkom.co.za
- Step 2: On the website landing page, you will see a “login” button displayed. Click on that button. (this would only be possible if you already have an account).
- Step 3: Choose the “Mobile & Home, Business, Enterprise or Telkom Internet” and then proceed to click on “log in”.
- Step 4: When you have done this, go ahead to entering your username which is your email address and enter your password as well. After doing this, click on “log in”.
After creating your account by registering and logging in to your account, you may decide to link your products to your portal. This allows you to manage your account and affairs easily. To do this, you can simply follow the guidelines below:
- First, log in to your Telkom self-service portal.
- Then select ‘link account’ to be able to link your products to your Telkom profile.
- Choose the type of account, it could be a residential or business account.
- Proceed to key in your Telkom account number. You can get this number on your Telkom bill.
- Lastly, put in your telephone number and your Telkom products would now be linked to your profile so that you can easily manage them.
There you go! It is that easy, and you can do this from the comfort of your home and at your convenience. Curious to know what other things you could do with your Telkom self-service portal? We will be providing that information below.
Things to do with the Telkom self-service portal
These are the things that you can do with the Telkom self-service portal:
- You can redeem your airtime, data and wi-fi vouchers.
- With this portal, you can also have access to your home, business & personal accounts. It also allows you to manage these accounts.
- You can check the Telkom coverage in your area of residence or work.
- You can also pay your personal and business bills.
- You can use this portal to connect your devices to Telkom wi-fi hotspots.
- With this portal, you can fix your faulty lines.
- You can as well update your account and contact details.
- Use the Telkom self-service portal to top up your data & account balances.
You can perform all of these tasks and a lot more on your Telkom self-service portal. You can also find out other things you can do with your Telkom self-service portal; check their website for more information.
How to reset Telkom login password
Sometimes, keeping up with all of these passwords is very difficult and can be hard. No doubt, we sometimes forget passwords and then have to reset them. Other times, our passwords are strong enough, and other people may be able to guess right and have access to your account. Whatever the case may be, we are here to help you. This is how you can reset your Telkom login password; follow the steps below:
Step 1: Open the Telkom login page. Ignore the usual ‘username and password prompt.
Step 2: Navigate the page for the “forgot password” option.
Step 3: Once you have found the button, click on it.
Step 4: Proceed to enter your email address. A one-time pin will be sent to your email.
Step 5: Open the mail and follow the instructions to create a new password. Remember to choose a password that is strong enough and something you can remember easily.
There is an alternative means to create a new password. You can do that using your Telkom number. It is very easy to do. Simply SMS “password” to the number 0123210215. A new password will be generated and sent to you via email.
The information contained in this article should be helpful for you to be able to create a Telkom self-service portal and perform a variety of tasks using this service. This self-service platform was created by Telkom in order to allow its users to be actively involved in catering to their immediate needs. So, you should be able to perform basic tasks such as buying airtime and paying your bills without needing the assistance of a customer care worker. You should be able to do these things yourself.
We understand that we may not be able to answer all of your questions in this article, and there are worries that you may have or information you may need that isn’t contained in this article. You may find it helpful to visit the “frequently asked questions” sections on the Telkom website or proceed to ask your questions by contacting Telkom through any of the contact details provided below:
Telkom customer service Phone Numbers and Emails
Call customer service through any of these numbers.
+2 780 001 1535
PrepaidFone Service Requests
+2 781 160 1820
Contact via SMS
+2 781 160 1700
Telkom Corporate Office Address:
Telkom SA SOC Limited
61 Oak Avenue
If you are an investor, contact Telkom at their Investor Relations office:
Telkom SA Limited
Private Bag X780
Republic of South Africa
+27 (011) 688 7734