What is Stanlib?
Stanlib is a South African asset manager created in 2002 when liberty asset management (LIBAM) and Standard Corporate and Merchant bank Asset Management merged. This asset management company is based in Melrose Arch Johannesburg and operates in nine other African countries, including several developed markets worldwide.
Stanlib is an owned subsidiary of Liberty Holdings Limited, which is JSE-listed. It is the largest unit trust company by market share, and it manages capital for over 400,000 clients. It also manages and gives out R608 billion, which is about USD49 billion in assets for over 500,000 retail and industrial clients. To become a retail or industrial client, you would have to be registered with Stanlib.
How to register for Stanlib online
Once you are a unit investor at Stanlib, you are automatically registered online into their system. If a service professional cannot have access to your account, then you would have to be registered again, and your online account would have to be set up. The application process takes approximately 24 hours, and once the procedure is successfully completed, you will be notified via email.
Step 1: Visit the Stanlib registration portal by using this direct link https://secure.stanlib.com/web/account/login
step 2: once the portal opens, click on the register button
step 3: select “client” and “type of user” and click “next”
step 4: enter your identification and then click on “next”
step 5: an OTP will be sent to the cell phone number or email address on record
If you already have an account, you can simply log in to your account. But in the event that you forgot your password, here’s how you can reset your password in very simple steps:
- visit your secure login page at https://secure.stanlib.com
- Click on “forgot password” on the login page
- enter your email address and click on “confirm.”
- OTP will be sent to the cell phone number you used when registering
- Enter OTP and a new password
- Then return to the login page
How to open a trust unit account
If you are registered and would like to open a trust unit account, you can do so by following these steps:
Step 1: Visit the Stanlib website at www.stanlib.com
Step 2: Scroll down the page to “transact with us”. Click on the drop-down and select “find a form.”
Step 3: Select the application form for the product you would like to invest in, i.e. for normal unit trust “application form: unit trust”.
Step 4: fill in the application form and ensure all mandatory fields are filled in correctly and the application is signed. Mandatory fields are marked with an Asterix (*).
Step 5: email all supporting documents and proof of payment at this email address: email@example.com
How to make additional investments
After opening a unit trust account, you may be interested in making some additional investments with Stanlib. If you are interested in making additional investments with Stanlib, you can do so by:
- Logging in to your Stanlib account
- The landing page will show you all the tiles for your investments.
- Select a portfolio for which you would like to make an additional investment
- Click on the ‘transact now’ button under the ‘additional investment’ tab.
- Once you have done this, select your preferred investment payment plan. It could be a ‘recurring (monthly) debit order’ or a ‘once-off order’.
- Then input the amount you would like to invest under the relevant investments.
- Select your source of fund and the account that will be debited from the drop-down list
- Lastly, accept the terms and conditions of investment and click on confirm.
Now that you have invested, you would probably like to check your investment balance. There are several ways to do so. You can check your balance via call, SMS or STAN that smartbot or virtual assistant. Whatever means you prefer, we would provide you with easy steps to check your balance from the comfort of your home or wherever else you might be.
How to check balance via call
You can use this phone-in method to check your investment balance, tax certificate and investment statements.
Step1: Call this number: 0860 123 003
Step 2: Have your identification number or your entity number ready
Step 3: To check the balance of your unit trust, press 3
Step 4: For balances, statements and tax certificates, press 1
Step 5: To have your balance sent to your cell phone, press 1. Press 2 if you would like to have a statement emailed or sent to you via SMS. And press 3 if you would like to have your tax certificate emailed or sent to you via SMS.
There you go, five simple steps to get your balance via phone call.
How to check balance via SMS
If you are too busy for phone calls and would rather check your balance via SMS, here is how to go about that. Simply SMS ‘balance’ to 43939, and your balance will be sent to you via SMS.
How to check balance via STAN the virtual assistant
When checking your Stanlib balance with STAN, you should take note of this essential information and steps:
- The request will only be sent to the contact details that are in Stanlib records.
- Only unit trust entity and unit trust ID numbers will trigger requests.
- Once the request is triggered, your balance will be sent to you via SMS through the number that is on record.
- Statements will be made available to you via the email that is on record. If you did not enter any email during your registration, an encrypted SMS link would be sent to the phone number on record.
- If your investment is on a zero balance or has no contact information on record, STAN will reflect a “successfully sent” message to avoid phishing.
How to withdraw from an investment.
Now that you are aware of various ways to check your balance, you may also want to know how to withdraw funds from an investment when you want it. These eight simple steps will help you get your funds transferred into your bank account and ready for spending.
Step 1; Log in to Stanlib online.
Step 2: The landing page will consist of tiles for your investment
Step 3: Select the fund you would like to withdraw from
Step 4: Click on the “transact now” button under the “repurchase” tab
Step 5: Choose “one-off or recurring” repurchase amount or unit
Step 6: Select a bank for this transaction from the list of banks in the drop-down
Step 7: If you had initiated other transactions before that were pending, they would be displayed here
Step 8: Accept the terms and conditions
What are the minimum and maximum withdrawals?
The minimum amount that can be withdrawn is R2000. However, the client can withdraw all available small balances. However, the client must leave a balance of R2000 or withdraw all funds unless there is a recurring debit order.
The maximum amount that a client can withdraw is R15,000. This is so that Stanlib can mitigate the risk of fraud because the robot cannot verify floor limits and can not cross-check or contact clients for verification as per the manual process.
Now that you understand what Stanlib does, how to register, how to check your balance, and perform several other transactions with the company, we hope this article has been a useful guide. You can perform a variety of tasks with ease and stress-free.