Choosing your career is among the most important decisions you have to make in life. Apart from grades, passion is also a key factor to consider in the choice for your career. It is therefore very critical to consider the best college or university, which will give the best educational services to help you get to your dream job. UNISA is one of the leading universities in South Africa, offering a wide range of courses. Here is all you need to know about UNISA application.
The University of South Africa is one of the top universities in Africa that offer quality higher education to its students. Here is all you need to know about how to join.
UNISA is Africa’s top open distance learning institution that offers internationally accredited qualifications. The institution has updated world-class resources, which provide students with the best learning environments. Their vision, ‘towards the African university shaping future in the service of humanity’ guides the establishment to find solutions to problems faced in Africa.
The university is mainly focused on its three core business areas: teaching, research, and community engagement.
The university offers diverse fields of study, including certificate and degree programs, to up to 400,000 students in South Africa, Africa, and the world at large. Apply at UNISA and get academic offerings associated with both technological and traditional universities. The university has eight colleges:
- College of Accounting Sciences
- College of Agriculture and Environmental Studies
- College of Economic Management Sciences
- College of Education
- College of Graduate Sciences
- College of Human Sciences
- College of Law
- College of Science, Engineering and Technology
Also, the University has a Graduate School of Business Leadership (SBL).
If you are looking to join the university, you must carefully follow the necessary rules and regulations.
When can I apply for UNISA?
The UNISA application dates are between January 3rd and March 7th. All the applications must be submitted online, and no self-help stations will be available for applications at the regional offices. The deadline for the application of the undergraduate programs is from September 11th to November 13th. For postgraduate diplomas and postgraduate degrees, the deadline is 11th September to 13th November.
The UNISA applications are ongoing, and here is the application process:
- You may apply for two programs in order of preference. In case both of your qualifications are successful, you may only register for one of them.
- The university will inform you of the outcome of the application.
- It is a must that you accept the offer within the specified period, or else the university will withdraw its offer and give the vacancy to another applicant.
- You may accept only one offer.
- If you accept the offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission.
For online applications, visit the www.unisa.ac.za online application. You will be required to pay an online application fee of R105, which is non-refundable, even if you do not succeed in joining the University. Make sure you attach the required documents upon filling the online application form.
- Go to the UNISA registration website www.unisa.ac.za/apply online
- Chose your qualification level
- Enter your student number and other details required
- Check your personal information on the screen
- Do not exceed the prescribed number of modules per semester
- Calculate your fees
- Submit your registration
UNISA is indeed one of the most revered educational institutions not only in South Africa but also in the African continent. Joining the institution is very easy. Follow the UNISA application steps and become part of Africa’s top higher education institution. It is the largest University in South Africa so far by enrolment, and it offers world-class higher education. Find out more information about the institution on their website, www.unisa.com