If you are hearing about Gumtree for the first time, then you probably have a lot of questions with regards to what it is, how it works, how you can create an account, register and use Gumtree to perform certain tasks. This article will contain this information in its entirety, as well as some additional information you may need.
What is Gumtree South Africa?
Before you learn how to use Gumtree, first learn what Gumtree is. Gumtree SA is an online product sharing platform. The platform is classified and allows you to buy and sell products and other things at your convenience. You have the chance to have access to over 1 million products that are advertised on the platform every month. To enjoy the full benefits of this platform, you are required to create an account, register and then go on to share your products with the rest of the world.
You can post the adverts of your products under various categories at absolutely no cost and you determine the price range of your product. You are only required to pay during a purchase. Otherwise, you can post and view ads for absolutely free.
How to create a Gumtree South Africa account?
Like we mentioned before, you cannot enjoy the benefits of Gumtree without first creating an account and then registering. In this section of the article, we will be detailing the process of creating an account with Gumtree. Follow the steps listed below:
- To create an account, launch the Gumtree website on your device. Use this link to access the login in the portal: www.gumtree.co.za
- Proceed to create your accounting by clicking on “my gumtree” or the “post free ad” button, which is situated on the top right-hand corner of the landing page.
- Follow the instructions that pop up to post an advert on Gumtree. That is the first part of creating an account.
- Next, go on to sign up with your email address or with Facebook, and your account will be created.
- Select either one of the options above, and your account will be created and fully operational.
How to register
Gumtree makes selling online very easy by using its platform to post ads. Some of the most searched keywords in South Africa include Gumtree Durban, gumtree cape town, and Gumtree western cape. So, you can see that creating an account and registering on Gumtree is a huge advantage for you and your business. This is how you can register on the platform easily:
- Open the Gumtree website on your phone, tablet or any other device by visiting www.gumtree.co.za
- Click on the “create an account” button.
- You will then be required to enter your name, email and password.
- Once you have done this, proceed to click the ‘register button”.
- An email will be sent to your mailbox in order for you to confirm your account.
- In the email, an activation link will be included in it, click on the link to activate your Gumtree account.
- The last step is for you to log into your newly created account using your email and your password.
How does it work?
The idea of Gumtree is very easy; if you have something you would like to sell, you can sell it here. You don’t have to be a registered business to sell or buy from Gumtree. You can sell everything from used cars to household appliances and furniture. If it doesn’t have any use to you anymore, go ahead and sell it on Gumtree. It is a great way to sell things quickly and effectively. All you have to do is take a picture of the product you would like to sell, create an ad and post it to your Gumtree account.
How to sell from Gumtree?
If you have a product you want to get off your hands, you can post your ad on Gumtree for free. To sell your products on Gumtree, do the following:
- Create an advert for the item you would like to sell, something catchy that would grab a potential buyer’s attention.
- Proceed to select the category under which your product falls.
- Indicate your location and the location of the item you are selling.
- Then, give a detailed description of the item you are selling. Include as much relevant detail as possible.
- When you have done this, you will be required to upload pictures that clearly show the item you are selling.
- Clearly state the price of the product you are selling.
- Give your advert a compelling and catchy title.
- Lastly, post the advert. (not before going over the details and information you have included in the advert).
Once you have done all of these, potential buyers will be able to contact you via your account. Using the Gumtree mobile app, you will be able to chat with potential buyers and negotiate the selling price of your item.
How to buy from Gumtree?
Say you don’t have a product to sell, but you would like to buy items from Gumtree. You will be able to choose from over 1 million products advertised under different categories. To buy from Gumtree, do the following:
- Open the gumtree website at www.gumtree.co.za
- Go to the search box of the landing page and type the item you would like to buy, then proceed to select a category and a location.
- When you must have typed in this information, click on search.
- Gumtree gives you the chance to filter your search by price so that way you can find the least expensive item or the most expensive item that has been advertised.
- Go through the results and choose the one that is most appealing to you. Move on to clicking on the item and contacting the seller.
- Both you and the seller can chat and negotiate the terms and conditions of payment and delivery.
Buying and selling on Gumtree South Africa.
Buying and selling have been made very easy with Gumtree. You can go through millions of products that have been organised under various categories. This allows you to be able to find the products you need with ease. These items are placed under the following categories:
- Automotive vehicles
- Charity donations
- Sports and leisure
- Job seekers
- Home and Garden
- Boats and watercraft
- Baby and kids
For every category, there is a sub-category. This is to ensure that the items and products are well organised, and you can easily find what you are looking for as well as make your items easy to find. For a category such as automotive vehicles, you will find sub-categories such as cars, auto parts and accessories, motorcycles, medium and heavy commercial and farm vehicles and equipment. Every other category has a variety of sub-categories as well.
In conclusion, you as well as your friends and family members, can make money selling brand new and second-handed items using Gumtree South Africa from the comfort of your home. By following the steps and making use of the information contained in this article, we are sure that you would be able to buy and sell what item easily and swiftly. Remember to be specific in your searches when looking for an item and to put up as much relevant information about your item when you are selling. If you would like more information on what has not been provided in this article, then contact Gumtree or visit their website. The contact information has been made available below:
Gumtree Contact Information: