The construction industry development board is a government-approved body that oversees the development of the construction industry nationwide. CIBD sets construction standards that cut across all construction enterprises in South Africa to spur growth, promote the use of excellent construction materials and produce enviable results.
To achieve this, it is mandatory for all contractors who plan on getting a government contract to apply and register with the CIBD. Before now, offline registration was the only way our. However, the CIBD sent out information stating visiting the CIBD online site will be a necessity as of the 1st of April 2023. In this way, the CIBD can fully and regularly update its registry for contracts and contractors.
In this article, we outline the CIBD registration: step-by-step guide 2023.
- The email address you used to register on the Central Supplier Database (CSD) alongside a strong password. It will serve as a means of communication between you and the CIBD system.
- Your CSD number.
- A bank card to withdraw funds.
How to register to CIBD
- Visit the official CIDB website http://www.cidb.org.za/contractors/Pages/Online-Registration.aspx to register.
- Follow all the instructions to complete the online registration and submit the form.
- The CIDB system will help you create an online account and send you the login details directly to the email address you earlier provided.
- Use the login details to sign in to your CIBD account.
- Put in the specific grade or grades you are applying for. CIBD grading system, you apply for more than one grade at a time.
- At this point, the full cost of your application fee will appear on your screen. If you cannot afford it yet, you can log out of your account and log in when you have the funds.
- Stay on the CIBD website to pay your application fees.
- Your registration will be activated upon successful payment of the fees.
Pay for online registration using a credit.
CIBD provides the option of paying your application fees using the funds they owe you for your CIBD registration. The best part about it is that you do not need to leave the website or perform a lengthy transaction. Here’s how to do it.
- After the total cost of your application appears on the screen, your credit balance will be on display.
- Approve the payment by clicking the “Finalise Application” option on your screen. This gives CIBD permission to pay off the debt they owe you, after which your CIBD registration will be complete.
If the amount the CIBD owes you is insufficient for CIBD registration, you can add some money to it. Here’s how to do it.
- Click on the “make payment” option that appears after the total cost of your registration is displayed on the screen.
- Your CIBD registration will be activated once you pay the additional amount at the online payment portal.
- Pay the application fee at the bank.
- Apply again after about 2-3 days when the CIBD will have registered your payment.
- Confirm your application options and finalise the application.
- At this point, the CIBD will activate your application.